Soul winning never ceases to bring blessings. A soul won many years ago will give dividends for eternity.
Not long ago I was preaching in a city in Florida and exhorting the people to go out into the highways and hedges and bring in the poor as well as the rich. I spoke especially about little children and the importance of reaching those for whom no one else cares. After the service a pastor introduced himself to me and then turned to introduce his lovely wife. As l shook her hand she said, “I think you know me. I was a member of your little country church near Marshall, Texas, many years ago.” Immediately I remembered that she had lived in a little country house and that I had gotten up early one Sunday, driven several miles, and brought a group of little children to Sunday school. She was one of those children. I hadn’t seen her for years, but now she is the wife of a successful pastor.
A few weeks ago I was in Dallas, Texas. After the service a fine young student at Dallas Seminary approached me. When he was five years old I had been to his home soul winning, and often I had driven a couple of miles to take him to Sunday school. He reminded me that he is now a preacher and a student at Dallas Seminary.
One day as a kid country preacher I was out soul winning, came upon a farmhouse, and won several to Christ. A little cotton-haired girl spoke to me as I left and said, “Brother Hyles, you are not going to forget me, are you?” Little did I know that she wanted to be saved, too. She was saved, and years later to my delight I found she was a student at Tennessee Temple College. She then was employed as a faculty member and shortly after was killed in a car accident.
Not long ago I met a young lady who is a graduate of Bob Jones University and now is teaching school. My mind wandered back to the day when I went into her modest home to help her poor family. The family was saved, and though very poor, the young lady had a desire to go off to college.
Now she is teaching in a Christian school.
Yes, there are many other stories like the one above, and in ten or fifteen years I hope to be able to write similar experiences about those I won last week or those I will win today.
- 1958 How to Boost Your Church Attendance
- 1960 Seeing Him Who is Invisible
- 1962 Let’s Build an Evangelistic Church
- 1964 Lets Hear Jack Hyles
- 1965 Kisses of Calvary and Other Sermons
- 1966 Let’s Use Forms and Letters
- 1967 Let’s Baptize More Converts
- 1968 The Hyles Church Manual
- 1969 Blue Denim And Lace
- 1969 Sex Education Program in Our Public Schools; What Is Behind It
- 1969 The Hyles Sunday School Manual
- 1970 Jack Hyles’ Church Bus Handbook
- 1970 Today
- 1971 Satan’s Bid for Your Child
- 1971 Strength And Beauty
- 1972 How To Rear Children
- 1974 From Vapor to Floods
- 1974 Jack Hyles’ Favorite Soul-Winning Experiences
- 1975 Grace And Truth
- 1975 The Hyles Visitation Manual
- 1976 Please Pardon My Poetry
- 1978 Duty
- 1978 How to Rear Teenagers
- 1978 Reason With Rhyme
- 1979 The Story Behind the Psalms
- 1981 Woman, the Completer
- 1982 Meet The Holy Spirit
- 1983 Exploring Prayer With Jack Hyles
- 1983 I Am An Idea
- 1984 Jack Hyles Speaks on Biblical Separation
- 1985 Salvation is More Than Being Saved
- 1986 Teaching On Preaching
- 1987 My Church and My Week
- 1988 How to Treat Different Types of Church Members
- 1989 Poems for Special Occasions
- 1990 First Baptist Church Hammond, Indiana Ministries Manual
- 1990 How to Help People Reach Their Potential
- 1991 Hammond First Baptist Pulpit Volumes 1 & 2
- 1991 Hammond First Baptist Pulpit Volumes 3 & 4
- 1992 Hammond First Baptist Pulpit Volumes 5 & 6
- 1992 Jack Hyles on Justice
- 1992 The Blood, The Book, and The Body
- 1992 The Church
- 1993 Enemies of Soul Winning
- 1994 Marriage Is Not An Agreement; Marriage Is A Commitment
- 1994 The Science of the Christian Life Volume 1
- 1996 Her Husband Praiseth Her
- 1996 The Science of the Christian Life Volume 2
- 2000 Marriage is A Commitment
- 2000 What Great Men Have Taught Me
- Log In